We went to the zoo yesterday and wouldn't you know it, I forgot the camera. Jack was hilarious. He called all the primates buddy. He was good pals with the monkeys and lemurs. He called out, "buddy," as he walked to the gorilla but then started to cry as he got closer and realized just how big she was. The cats were all declared to be "doggy." We got to see a lynx eating a rather large piece of meat for such a small wildcat. He was also called doggy, but at least he got the sound right as he squatted down and growled at her. Since it was cooler, the animals more active than usual. Also, a benefit of the zoo in spring, there were a few baby animals, which is always fun to see.
Maisy was quite grumpy. I'm not sure what was bothering her, but she wanted to let us know, so we had to move through the exhibits rather quickly. She did sign 'cat' when I showed her how, I'm not sure of the sign for lynx. After that she was rather fond of calling all the animals 'cat'.
Sadie brought a book on wildcats and even though I encouraged her not to, I was glad she did. She looked up every wildcat and read to us about its behavior and habitat. Next time we go I have to remember to bring a sketchpad for Ella. You could almost see her little fingers itching to draw everything she saw.
What a nice day. We were glad to have Evan home for a few days. We always miss him. The only benefit of twenty-four hour days is the time off in between. Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day. (p.s. the pictures are from our past visits to various zoos, but I couldn't resist sharing all the memories.)








No comments:
Post a Comment