Saturday, November 1, 2008

Autumn Fairy Crown

I had some questions about Sadie's fairy crown and some laughs when I said it was easy. So here are the directions, so you can see its not hard.

First you will need:
needle nose pliers, wire cutters, 20-24 gauge wire, beads, skewer or chop stick, and a head band. You can buy a tiara base, but I just used a head band (easier to find.)
Cut about twenty lengths of wire, they should be various sizes ranging from 4-7 inches.
Begin wrapping the wire around the skewer to form a coil about 2 inches down. Wrap the middle around the headband, leaving a 2-4 inch tail. I started about 1/4 of the way along the headband.
Wrap tail around skewer to coil other end of wire.
To add beads, coil about 1/2 inch of wire end.
Thread a bead from the other end up to the coil.
Bend wire around bead until the meet...
and twist to hold bead in place.
Continue coiling wire below the bead, then add to headband as before.
Keep adding wire and beads until you get the front half covered.
It definitely isn't a princess tiara, but I think it makes a perfect fairy crown.
You could use any color palette. I think it would be pretty in white and ice blue with silver wire on a white headband for a Winter fairy. Or shades of blue and green for Tinkerbell. It really isn't difficult, I might make one for my niece for Christmas.
 
Hit Countershtml hit counter