Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Rare Treat

I have a confession to make. I don't really like Country Music. Okay, there I said it. To put it not so mildly: when I hear someone say 'honky tonk' its like nails on a blackboard, I don't let my kids sing the word 'ain't', and when I come to a Country station on the radio I don't even wait for the scan to move on before I change the station. So when Evan asked me for tickets to a concert for his birthday, I was hoping for something different than this. He said that not only was it Restless Heart, but Little Texas and Blackhawk too. Oh wow!

I didn't know who they were but I didn't like the sound of it. But since it was for his belated birthday I went with him. We invited Sadie and Ella to come along but Sadie opted to stay with the babysitter. So Ella and I hung out on a blanket, in near freezing temperatures (no, seriously it was low 40's), Evan of course was down by the stage. By the second bag of cotton candy I realized why Ella came along. She was on a total sugar high until she crashed. But then something happened that I seldom get the pleasure of these days, at least not from my second born. Ella curled up on my lap and went to sleep. She looked up at me just before she drifted off and said, "Wake me up for the fireworks." So I did.
While I still don't like Country, and I now remember why, it was a very nice night indeed. (Sorry, I took the pictures with my cell phone, I didn't bring my camera. I guess I didn't think I would want photos.)

No comments:

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter