As her most unhappy child.

Sadie is hurting. My beautiful, imaginative, happy girl, is sad. Three days this week she has called me from school with a problem that requires me to come see her, but all she will tell me is that she had a bad day. I know that some of the hurt involves kids saying mean things, because she has been using negative terms regarding her appearance. I also get the feeling it is someone she actually likes or cares what they think because she is taking it personally. And I can't imagine someone who matters to her saying unkind things.

But then Sadie internalizes a lot of things. She is empathetic and sensitive. I think that may be why she has a difficult time sleeping and is plagued by bad dreams. I always feel like if we were viewed by our hearts and love, instead of our appearances this would be an entirely different world. However, Sadie is beautiful inside and out. I wish that at a time when little people are trying to establish where they fit in the world and may feel a need to displace others in the process, my daughter could know without a doubt how wonderful she is and already see how much she lights up the world around her.
4 comments:
Sadie is a bright beam of sunshine...one of the sweetest and most beautiful little girls I know. It's so unfortunate how young the "mean girls" start their cruelty. I hope things get better for her soon.
That breaks my heart! I love Sadie! She is the sweetest, most dear soul....and that smile of hers is simply the best! Don't you want to go find out who the "bully" is and throw a snow ball at them? I do.
She is VERY BEAUTIFUL! You can see it in her eyes....inside!!! She is also very beautiful to look at!!! I hope she works this out in her own mind and heart!
Wow! I don't even know you or your sweet daughter, but this breaks my heart! Mainly bc I have a 7yr old little girl of my own. I am amazed at the way she perceives her body (she's a tiny 50lbs and has said she is "fat")- it's just so sad to see our girls going through things that we had to go through, especially at an early age. We can only lift them up as much as possible and hope they take our comments as much to heart and forget the negative ones.
Post a Comment