Wednesday, May 12, 2010

With a capital B

Evan has worked 72 hours since Saturday and will work another 48 before Monday, when he calls me today and says they need him for about four hours tomorrow.
I am a Compassionate Service leader at my church, which means that I organize service for those in need, like dinners for families that have had new babies. I love it, and I pray every day that I will know of those in need so that even those who don't speak up will not be left out, but this month there have been two babies born and three more on the way and I am a little worried that I will neglect someone.
My mom's sixtieth birthday is Saturday and we are having a party. My brother-in-law and his cute wife are expecting their first and we are having a baby shower (which I haven't finished the invites for yet.) Oh, and if Evan comes home he'll have a birthday too. So there is a lot going on. I like to be busy, but this is Busy and it requires some extra list making and prioritizing and hopefully not neglecting my kids. Some things will have to take a back seat. (And even though I caught a glimpse of my backside in a photo from our trip to Colorado one of those things has been running.) So, I am off to finish a baby blanket and clean my kitchen. Then I need to bake a cake and finish the invitations, but I really need to get off this computer...

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Girl, I hear ya...and the backside is the first thing to slide! (no first, it's sleep...then not working out...it's a vicious cycle!) When is the shower again? I need to get on the ball for that too!

Renae said...

Thanks for taking a break to blog! You are very busy. One day at a time and share the load where you can. I wore the green beaded necklace Sunday and got many compliments. You're amazing! I wish I were closer to help you. I love Ella's smile, which also means she's growing up more!

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter