The last couple of weeks have been a blur. We arrived at our new house late after two long days of driving. Evan had gone ahead with the truck, so we had beds set up when we arrived, but the house wasn't quite what we had hoped. We learned the hard way that it had been vacant for three years and the owner had been unable to check on it.
The heater/air conditioning didn't work, the oven didn't work, the dishwasher, refrigerator, some of the electricity (which isn't grounded), the hot water in the master bathroom, all didn't work. Some things are getting fixed, some we are learning to deal with. Evan rewired the cable so we could have TV and internet, however the first internet box the cable company gave us was broken so our internet was patchy. (The kids put on a concert to make me smile.)
So with that, I thought I would share the best, worst, and funniest things about our new home.
The best is definitely the tree in front. All the trees on the property are beautiful, but this tree is amazing. Every time I tell someone where we live they say, "Oh, the house with the tree." It is a city landmark and hundreds of years old. The kids asked why there are trees in the middle of the road, to which I say, "The trees were here first, the roads were built around them."

The worst thing was the carpet, but it got cleaned, so it is a little better. It is still disintegrating though and that clogs my vacuum. Now the worst I think is the oven, at best it cooks inconsistently, at worst it burns. Thanksgiving was a treat. We ended up cooking our turkey on the grill.
The funniest is the bidet. And that's saying a lot once you see
all







5 comments:
Hi Somer,it was good to read about your adventures.....some good and some not so good! I hope you get everything fixed to your liking :)
So funny that we are going through the same thing right now. We are renting a 120 year old farm house. No bidet, but it did come with mice, terrible wallpaper, and room within rooms. Hopefully you can get everything fixed and settle in soon.
Uhhhh - that is quite possibly the coolest tree I have ever seen. I'm not joking when I say I have GOT to bring my boys down for a visit. They would think they had died and gone to heaven to explore in such a tree! When can we come?!?!
Miss you guys already!! Sorry we were out of town when you had your wonderful going away party. So sad we missed it! :(
What no picture of the bidet?????? I feel ripped off! :) LOL You are such a trooper, Somer!
Yes! Must post picture of bidet! I can't believe you've moved already. Your post cracked me up. I'm sure you'll use your talents to make that house so very cute!
Post a Comment