Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Birthday Girl

Our little miracle turned seven on Saturday. We celebrated quietly. Maisy doesn't really enjoy big parties or cake, just attention. So we kept it low key.
She loves opening presents and being sung to.
She isn't easy to buy for, because most often, she will appreciate the packaging more than the toy. Maisy loves balloons and coloring books, so I pretty much just humored her and got her what she likes. Except for the wipeable playmat and the Mrs. Potato Head.
And I made her a blanket. Maisy's birthday is always emotional for me and causes a flood of memories. I wish I could just dwell on the wonder of having her, but the dread and fear of her first six months lingers too.
I am so grateful for the love, understanding, joy, and depth our sweet seven-year-old has brought to our lives. We love you Maisy.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy birthday Maisy!!! I can't believe you are so old!!!

Rian Krommenhoek said...

What a wonderful occasion! Knowing what little I do about those 6 months I can only imagine how hard and trying they were. All the more reason to celebrate the miracle Miss Maisy is!

Lars said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter