Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fresh Fruit Tart

This is what Evan calls "The Best Birthday Cake Ever". I made this for a little get together we had for him on Sunday. I've learned that I have to make two because it disappears so fast. It really isn't difficult.
Fresh Fruit Tart

Crust: 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
Filling: 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Topping: Fresh strawberries, kiwi slices, blueberries, raspberries, nectarines, or other fresh fruit.
Glaze: 1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the crust: In a food processor, combine the confectioners' sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture forms a ball. With your fingers, press the dough into a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, taking care to push the crust into the indentations in the sides. Pat until the crust is even. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
For the filling and topping: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust. Cut the fruit into 1/8-inch slices and arrange in concentric circles around tart. Cluster raspberries or blueberries in the center of the tart.
For the glaze: Combine the limeade, cornstarch, lime juice, and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until clear and thick, about 2 minutes. Let cool. With a pastry brush, glaze the entire tart. You will not use all of the glaze. Keep the tart in the refrigerator. Remove about 15 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream if desired.

2 comments:

Renae said...

Somer, that looks di-vinely yummy. Thanks for the recipe. I think I love fruit almost more than chocolate. Fortunatly I don't have to choose.

haley said...

this is the yummiest treat ever!

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter