Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Take my picture, Mom

After church last Sunday, before they would change their clothes I had to take pictures. "Take my picture, Mom."

The girls want to pick out their own clothes, but inevitably whatever they picked out the night before they no longer want to wear. Its a struggle to get to church without frustration.

They have their own style and I cramp it. I find myself saying things like, "I don't buy you beautiful clothes so they can hang in your closet." or worse "Get it on now!" Lovely way to start your Sunday I know.

They are such good girls, and I love them so much, but it seems to me they are growing up too fast. Sadie will be eight in October and I just can't believe it. I remember when I would hold her with her little head resting under my chin and her knees curled in the crook of my elbow. (By the way the pattern for Sadie's dress can be found here.)

I don't know why I am struggling so with change. I usually adapt better than this. So, I wanted to ask you (since you are my closest friends) why is it so hard to let go? Change is a good thing.

Then on a lighter note, having said all this, do I surprise Sadie with a baptism dress? Or do I let her have a say in the design? Seems silly I know, but I want it to be special and I want her to wear it.


And just cause I love them, here are some pictures of Maisy and Jack.

1 comment:

haley said...

i love your kids! the camera comes out and they pose.

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter