Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good Girl

Maisy had her first day back at school. The classroom was new, the teacher was new, the location was new, the building was huge and new, but school was old hat.
She loves school, it helps that she has the same bus driver, same speech therapist, and a lot of the same assistants. After she got home and we played the yes/no game to find out about how her day was, I took her upstairs to rest.
We played our usual up the stairs game, where every time we walk past a mirror or a picture of Maisy I say, "Who's that pretty girl?" and she pats herself and giggles, by the time we get to the top of the stairs and the last picture she is laughing hard. Yesterday, as we went through our game, she wasn't patting herself or giggling, instead she was making a noise in the back of her throat. Finally, I asked her the question and she said, "GIRL!" Plain as day! And when I got excited and said, "Good girl." She said, "Good girl." We are so excited and if anyone in the whole neighborhood hasn't heard it yet (you mean I didn't call you and make you listen) next time you see Maisy encourage her to say it.
And I couldn't resist Maisy's bus driver, isn't he cute.

4 comments:

haley said...

i love how she says it. it seriously makes me want to cry and laugh all at once. she is so unbelievable. i love her so much.

Megan said...

Wow, how wonderful! I must hear it right away!!! I can't imagine how good that must feel.

Emily said...

I am so excited for her!!! I will miss her in my class so much this year!!!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

She sure is a GOOD GIRL! You go, good girl!

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter