Yesterday was a good day. It started out kind of rough, especially on my back. Maisy wanted to be held most of the morning. Her teacher wasn't at church, and she wasn't too happy about being with anyone else. There was one teacher for four little ones and Maisy would tip the scale too much. So she came with me to my class. Not ideal, but okay.
Then we had family over for dinner and celebrated Maisy's birthday. She loved the attention and the presents and she ate a cupcake. I think the highlight might have been the balloon rockets.Now I realize that the five-year-old in Maisy does not want to wear diapers. But the ten-month-old gross motor skills (primarily, poor balance) limit her ability to potty train. So instead of going in her diaper today she took it off and went on the floor. Then she got out the wipes and tried to clean herself up. Then she went about playing diaper-less. There was poop everywhere. I hate to even write this for the imagery it conjures up. But it was everywhere! I just want this day to be over, but in the craziness of borrowing a carpet cleaner and trying to wipe down walls and furniture, I got behind in her feeding schedule, so I will be staying up late tonight to try to catch up. So I guess some days are just easier than others.







2 comments:
Sorry Somer. If only someone could make a special toilet for Maisy that she could use.
So sorry you had a rough day there!
Post a Comment