Monday, December 21, 2009

Art Lesson: color (neutral)

Nothing like last minute right. I did December's art project with Sadie's class today (Ella's class was last week) and since we are so close to Christmas and restlessness abounds, I decided to make it a kid pleaser. You can't go wrong with pop-ups. This was our final color lesson, on neutrals. Neutrals are most appreciated for allowing color to be itself. I compared it to being with a friends who either makes you louder or quieter than you normally are, where as neutrals allow the color to be itself. We talked about the Mona Lisa (which I would consider the most recognizable neutral painting) and Leonardo Da Vinci. The vocabulary word was chiaroscuro.
Our book was one of my favorites to read to kids, I may even get a little too into it, since I love to hear the ahhs as the pages are turned. The authors website is full of wonderful pop-ups ideas and we did this one. We added a little glitter for sparkle and happiness, and there you have it.

3 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

what was the book?

this is a cool project!

Erin said...

Jeffrey was so pleased with his that he wrapped it up to give to his Grandpa for Christmas. I love that you do art with them. Thank you.

Somer said...

Jocelyn - Its A Winter's Tale by Robert Sabuda.

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter