Friday, December 18, 2009

My email was hijacked. They hacked into my private world and they messed with me and I'm mad. The best I can tell some person or group set up a program that hacked into my email, deleted my contacts, and forwarded all my messages to a fake address set up in my name. All so that they could send out an email, uncharacteristic of who I am in so many ways, asking for money. As I spent the better part of the day trying to reclaim my online identity and filing reports with various agencies, I learned that there are three reasons for a hack. First, satisfaction, kind of a "see what I can do, I am smarter than you and I can beat your game" idea. Second, personal gain, and third, to create fear and insecurity. Best I can tell the objective of my hackers was the third. I don't believe that someone smart enough to create a program that could do what it did would believe that people would fall for the crazy ploy they were playing. Fear and insecurity. Kind of a mean game. But I'm more mad and frustrated. I'm stronger and smarter than that and I can beat their game. So there. (Oh, and sorry if I dragged you in with me.)

2 comments:

~*~toni~*~ said...

That is horrible!! People sure can be jerks sometimes! Sorry that happened to you!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Misery loves company.

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter