Jack: Mom, you're going to jail.
Me: Why am I going to jail? That makes me sad.
Jack: Cause you're a monster.
Me: I'm not a monster, you're a monster.

Jack (giggling): I not a monster. Monsters go to jail.
Me: Does it make them sad to go to jail?
Jack: No they like jail, dat's where dey belong.
Me: But houses are happier than jail, don't they want to live in a house with their family?

Jack: No, monsters like jail because dat is where dey go to be snowfakes.
Me: Monsters become snowflakes in jail?
Jack: Uh huh, snowfakes and ornaments.

Me: Can we hang them on the Christmas tree?
Jack: Yes, we can hab ornaments dat used to be monsters on our Christmas tree and we can tape da snowfakes to da windows.







2 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad we got that all straightened out!
That was the best conversation I've ever been priviledged to be a part of!! :) Seriously, what a great imagaination Jack has. I just love it!
Post a Comment