Last night I woke up feeling awful. I went to bed feeling awful, but I woke up at 2 AM, feeling worse. I think I have what Maisy had. Luckily, her sickness was short lived.

So, Evan had his first triathlon today (kind of a kick-off) and between feeling crummy and the rain, I missed the whole thing. I feel terrible about it. I know he did great and next time I will be more supportive.

Instead, I spent the morning in bed, feeling yucky. Then cleaned up the mess of fend-for-yourselves, made lunch and returned to bed with two little ones down for naps and two big girls next to me watching a Scooby Doo marathon. Evan is now on call and the good mommy I am (making up for the bad mommy of the morning), I sprung for pizza and DVDs and we broke out the candy stash for the evening.

What a difference a little sleep can make. You know you are tired when you think things like, "If I pass out in public and they take me to the hospital then I can finally sleep." When Maisy is sick it is like my whole world stops. She walks a fine line with hydration and dehydration means electrolyte imbalance and fevers, which can lead to seizures. So we want to avoid that, which means if she can only tolerate 1 ounce of pedialyte every 30 minutes, I will give her 1 ounce every 30 minutes. All night long. But now she is feeling better and eating pizza crust on my lap. So its all good. Oh, wait they're fighting over candy, back to bad mommy.
2 comments:
It's always the mommy who has to the "bad" one.....even if you're not sick! I'm sure you're a wonderful mommy all the time!
You ARE a great mommy, because all your kids LOVE you and are happy, except when there's a spider on the floor.
Post a Comment