Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Midnight cheesecake and cheez-its

My cousin got married last night on home base at the local ballpark. I don't often get to see him, but I am always happy when I do. And I am so glad to see him and his new wife so happy. We also were able to see family from near and far that we seldom have around. It was so nice to see little ones grown and grown ones as well.

I had talked to the happy groom on the phone back in February and just as we said goodbye and were about to hang up he said, "Love you" and I said,"love you too." And I mean it. I love my family.

After I hung up the phone, I thought about how nice it is to hear, and about how great it is to know. Loving my cousins is staying at my Aunt and Uncle's house, hanging out on the bean bags in the family room, boxes of Cheez-its, laughing at the stories, and the laughing louder when we were told to go to sleep. Getting up in the middle of the night and sneaking leftovers from Thanksgiving. Chicken fights. Tree houses. Riding bikes. Ice cream. Cheesecake. Disneyland.

I am so often struck by the fact that aren't a million different words to describe love. How can one word contain so much? How can one little word possibly explain so many feelings and times? I really don't understand. Love you too, Marcus.

No comments:

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter