On the whole, yesterday was a good day. I took a sunrise run and got home just in time to get two girls off to school. We got ready for the day, then Evan, Maisy, Jack and I drove up into the mountains. We had lunch and came home. Big sisters got home from school, Ella and I ran to the store to pick up treats, to the pizzeria for dough and to Redbox to get a movie. After playing on the swings and jumping on the trampoline, Jack and I made Pizza Bread. We had dinner, put little ones to bed, watched a movie, and ate too much candy. Sent older two off to bed and watched a little TV, before going off to bed with the windows open and a breeze blowing. On the whole, a good day.
But then you look at the parts. Kids who have to be coaxed and prodded to get ready for school, to the point of total frustration. Maisy whining the whole drive because we won't turn on a movie. Cleaning up after multiple diaper-removal accidents and at least two can't-make-it-in-time accidents. Having to hunt down kids after school because they followed friends instead of coming straight home. Redbox being thoroughly depleted of anything kid-worthy. Jack turning the hose on mom and Maisy (okay that was kind of funny, although Maisy didn't think so.) Kids that won't come home from friends when called or have to be tracked down because they aren't where they say they will be. Three spilled drinks at dinner time. Last minute pajama changes, and then a third change. And then sending two to bed too tired and crabby and two to bed with tummy aches. I guess some days are like an impressionist painting, I think I should just stand back and enjoy the whole picture.







2 comments:
Great perspective. I'm sure I have many days where I could look at things cup half full or half empty. I really like Jack's anticipating tongue out!
So, so true! Well said and written.
Post a Comment