Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wondering and Longing

Sometimes Sadie and Ella get along beautifully, other times, not so much. When they are best friends it is magical. They share a room and sometimes I wonder if that is good or bad. This morning it meant tears, but then later they made up. I hope they know how much their relationship will provide them for years to come. When I hear them, late at night, talking long after they should be asleep, I smile. I'm glad they will always have each other.
On a sadder note, Maisy seems a little lost lately. She doesn't like most things and her anger and frustration quickly rubs off on me. I don't want to get to places feeling tense and angry. I can feel it in my neck and shoulders. Some days I just want to run away for a little while and I find myself running until I don't feel anything but the pain in my legs and lungs. I don't want to feel this way. Maybe I'm just tired. I love Maisy, but some days are easier than others.
I wish she could tell me what's wrong. A few mornings ago, she crawled into my room early in the morning and I pulled her into bed beside me. I held her close and imagined that if I listened hard enough I could hear what was on her mind. Wouldn't that be nice. I know that sometimes I can feel what's in her heart. I just wish I knew how to fix the hurt. I wish I could make everything right.

5 comments:

Kelly E. said...

Somer, I was watching Ella and Sadie at church today and the thought came to my mind, I hope my girls end being as close as they are. They are so cute. I also love maisy. I know she was sad yesterday and I wish that I could
have helped in some way. You are such a wonderful mother. You will find a way to help maisy. I know you will. You've beatin the odds before, don't let it stop you now! That precious babydoll needs you. But if you need anything for yourself, like getting away for awhile, I would love to watch the kids!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Beautiful pics and beautiful thoughts...

Jill said...

I couldn't imagine a better friend than my sister..it's such a blessing! Good Luck with Maisy. I hope the school situation gets figured out and she can be in a happier place. If it makes you feel better, she did look happy during singing time looking through books, and wandering around checking everyone out! I saw more than one great big smile.

Somer said...

That does make me feel a lot better. Thanks, Jill.

~*~toni~*~ said...

It's nice if you have a family that loves each other ....as yours seems to. Appreciate it! It doesn't always work that way!

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter