I hate to follow an "Ella has a sassy little sense of humor" story with a "Sadie has a kind heart" story, but here goes.

About a month ago Sadie came home from school and told me about a classmate that was moving. I knew that this classmate wasn't always very nice and had created problems, so I asked her how she felt about it. She responded, "Well Mom, I know she has had a more difficult life than I can imagine, and has spent a lot of time in foster care. Now she is going to live with her dad and I'm really glad for her." I gave her a hug and told her I was glad for her friend too.
Then about a week ago Sadie came home with news that she was invited to sit at the cool girl's table. Not sure how I felt about that and sensing her reluctance, I asked how she felt about that. (I sound like a therapist, don't I.) She told me that she told them that was okay she would stay at the table with her other friends. She said that she feels "in her heart" that unless they want to include everyone it is not a group she wants to be with.

Monday morning, as I kissed her goodbye, I whispered to her how amazing I think she is and reminded her to follow her kind heart. I love her heart.







2 comments:
I heart her heart too!! She sounds so wise too, reminds me of someone, oh yeah, you! :)
Oh, she's so sweet! Such a powerhouse already!
Post a Comment