I awoke this morning to what I thought was crying. Ella was playing just outside my room, so I asked her to go check on Maisy. "She's asleep on the rug." Strange, but not unheard of; she often gets up, decides she's still tired, and goes back to sleep. I must have been dreaming when I thought I heard crying.

But then it happens again, so I go in to check on her and find her on the floor, damp and whimpering in her sleep. I look at her bed and see that the pillow is wet, her hair is wet and then she starts to convulse like she is going to throw up. I run to the bathroom with her and she throws up in the tub. Evan comes in and rinses it out and draws her a bath while I change her sheets.
I hear Sadie call, "Mom, Dad needs you." And I run.
Maisy is asleep in the tub and can't keep her eyes open. Evan is holding up her head to keep it out of the water, but she is asleep in his arms. "She must have had a seizure."
Maisy is sleeping now. Her hair is clean after I climbed in the tub and washed it. She barely opened her eyes when I rinsed the shampoo out. She has on clean jammies we pulled over her head while her eyes stayed closed. Her little body is exhausted and it breaks my heart to see her like this. It has been about eighteen months since her last seizure and every time is just as scary as the last. I wish I knew what brought these on, what causes them to happen, and how to make it stop all together.







6 comments:
Somer,
Nothing is harder than watching your babies suffer. I am so sorry that this is part of Maisy's and your world. For what it's worth, I know no mamma better equipped to be the mom of this sweet little soul. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Oh Somer, I am so sorry. That poor little girl has been through so much. And she is lucky to have a momma that takes such good care of her.
Why must some little ones endure so much? She is sweet, in deed, and a fighter too. Praying for you all.
Shoot! Bless her heart. We hope you can figure it out too. Love you guys!
Somer, I'm so sorry! I know how scary and awful seizures are! I hate when Brandon has them and I too wish we knew what brought them on. She is SO lucky to have you as a mom. Love you!'
Love these photos of her though...all of the precious memories help mute out the bad moments! :) You are such a wonderful mother!
Post a Comment