Jack performed at every chance.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Sadie's Rockstar Birthday
Sadie wanted to have a rock star party for her birthday. She had some definite ideas on some aspects of the party (not a you know who party!) but was pretty vague on other parts ("what do you want to do at the party?") So made I invitations that looked like tickets, backstage passes for the kids to wear, and Evan made microphones for them to decorate.
We had everything set up for a show. But then we had no takers. Ella got up and sang "Close to You" by the Carpenters. 
Jack performed at every chance.
The girls all decorated their microphones with stars and ribbons.
Eli sang a Johnny Cash song, to the delight of the twelve girls. My brother, Noah sang "Ladies Choice" from Hairspray. Then we played games, ate cake, and opened presents.
Contrary to this picture, Sadie said it was great. (We played a game with flour and she was not happy about the taste.) Although it was hard to tell by the kids reactions, I really expected at least one of the girls to get up and sing. They did look great, and I guess at this age, that's what matters.
Jack performed at every chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
you amaze me. i dont know how you do everything.. and so perfectly! im so sad i missed the party. it looks like it was so fun. love you sis.
I bet that was fun! We are karaoke-ing fools at our house! Hmmmm....maybe we should karaoke together sometime! (Although, we are not near as talented as your bro.....but we have fun)! I have tons of karaoke CDs (all different genres) and a pretty nice machine! Think about it! Your mom even said she would sing the next time!! I know you are a busy woman though....I am actually in awe of you and enjoy your blog so, so much!
Post a Comment