Sunday, October 5, 2008

Spoonful of Sugar

Our kitchen floor is more than just kitchen floor. It extends from the front door to the back door and includes three rooms (open floor plan: great for families, bad for cleaning.) So mopping is a bit daunting and I often just spot mop. But the other day it was beyond the mop, it needed to be cleaned on hands and knees. So I got the girls off to school and broke out the bucket and gloves. Jack loves to play right at my feet, so it was push Jack, blanket, and bear with my foot, crawl to the next spot, push Jack, crawl. Then he decided to climb on my back and say, "Yeehaw." And actually it was kind of fun. I found it much more fun to clean the floor as a horse, than to clean it as a mom. So this neglectful housekeeper will now try to whistle as I work.

1 comment:

Chiara said...

Thank you for the FABULOUS idea! My floors need to be cleaned via hands and knees and I dreed that job....but MAYBE if I do it as a horse with Macks on my back, it'll be much more enjoyable than just doing it as Cinderella! As always...you inspire!

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter