I really believe that we need each other, that we need to be there for each other. I believe in the symbiotic relationship of people. I believe that there are things we can't do for ourselves, that we have to have help just to get by. I think that the friendships we form are what can get us through our days, that we have to be observant of those around us or we might miss our chance. Our chance to help, to reach out, and in turn become better ourselves. But then there are times when I feel so overwhelmed with what is going on or so focused on other things, that I don't see the need.
I know I'm missing things everywhere. Sadie and Ella are changing so fast and I am so afraid I am going to miss the opportunity to teach them all that they must know. I want to hold them still until they see, but I can't. Some things they will have to learn on their own. I hope that there are those out there that will stand up and shine for them. That teachers and leaders and friends will take an interest in the wonderful girls that they are. I know I can't do it alone. I'm trying, but its hard. I need to step back, take a deep breath, and try again; but this time not by myself.







2 comments:
p.s. you're my friend......just so you know! you've been an example in more ways than one, and you've already inspired a change in me so Thank You! And Yes, you have made me feel glad!
I love this post. It is so heartfelt and so honest. But really, if I think about anyone "doing good in the world"....it would be you. You continue to amaze me with all that you do. You are so thoughtful and caring and helpful. Like I've said before, when I grow up I want to be just like you!
Post a Comment