Friday, August 8, 2008

I don't mean to gush but...

Ella and Jack were hanging out on the front porch and I couldn't help taking some pictures.
I love black and white, and there is just something about bare feet.
I think I need to spend more time just sitting, I find this very difficult. Tonight, I tucked Maisy into bed and then lay down beside her and we giggled about silly words. She loves sound words, crash, boom, slap, bang, pow... they always make her laugh. Hearing her little laugh in turn made me laugh. She enjoyed this so much that she reached over, unprompted, and gave me a hug.

It is hard for me to explain what it means to me to receive something I have wanted for years. She has been giving great hugs for a few months now but the feeling I get when I receive one is still profound. Maisy has the ability to warm you from the inside out. It is a feeling we all need to experience; it is such pure love.

So often I have a tendency to take love for granted. I love my children, I love my husband, I love my family, I love my friends, but I forget to tell you. I need to tell you. Thank you. Thank you for visiting with me. Thank you for thinking of me. Thank you for the things you do, the smiles and kind words. Thank you for being there for me. And thank you for caring enough about us to read this. I love you.

3 comments:

haley said...

maisy does have the ability to warm you inside out. i love her so much! i cant help but be in a good mood when im around her. she is the most amazing little girl in the world and she has made our family so much stronger and better because of how strong and loving she is. give her a big hug from me.. then tell her "deeelicious". she loves that word too. : )

Renae said...

We love you too!!!! You and your family are so amazing and beautiful. I love that you are sharing it with us.

Our Family said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience! She is such a great spirit! We love you guys!

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter