Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Little Boy Blue and the Man in the Moon

My baby turned two on Saturday. I really can't believe he is already two. He is such a handsome little guy and I am so proud of him, but I need him to stay little.
Our musically inclined child needed a musical party, so we had instruments, microphones, and a little Dan Zanes in the background.
There was food, a guitar shaped pinata, swinging, jumping on the trampoline and plenty of kisses to go around.
Jack got a ton of presents,
including a small, electric, guitar-hero-like guitar, that he slept with.
He sang the night away and stayed up way past his bedtime. Bobbing his head and saying, "Ahwight," after every song. I think he has heard Cats in the Cradle too many times.
Actually, it was quite possibly a perfect summer night. Good friends, loved family, happy kids, sunburned faces, bare feet...
And one of the sweetest, cutest, little boys I have ever had the pleasure to know.
Not that I'm partial or anything.

2 comments:

haley said...

he is one of the sweetest little boys ever! his birthday party was perfect! it was a good summer night.

Renae said...

Jack is such a cutie. I can hardly stand it, and I haven't even met him yet. Give him a hug and kiss from us.

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter