Monday, September 8, 2008

Portrait Nightgowns

Whittney and I made nightgowns for the four girls. Maisy's nightgown will have to come later, right now her feet get too cold at night.
It is just a version of the pillowcase dress, but instead of using pillowcases, we made a tube out of one yard of eyelet and cut it to the height of the girls. (They wanted the nightgowns to hide their feet.) Follow the basic pillowcase directions up through making the casing. Then, instead of feeding ribbon through the casing, you cut a piece of elastic 6 1/2" for the front and one 7" for the back.Feed the elastic through the casing and sew it in place on either side. Measure and cut lace for the straps and sew them into place.
Ella and Livy were excited to have best friend matching nightgowns, but they weren't the only ones who loved their nightgowns.
Sadie said she felt like a princess. I think she looks like one.

5 comments:

haley said...

those are adorable! i love them!

~*~toni~*~ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Jayne said...

ahhh, i remember the pillow case dresses. so cute somer. please move closer...

Lars said...

I love this. Especially the ribbon through the lace.

The Holverson Family said...

You've been working hard. Yeah, I found your blog! My blog is holversonfamily.blogspot.com. Visit anytime! Emily

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter