Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Sadie!

My princess turns eight today. How is that even possible?
Wasn't it just yesterday I was holding her close, her head fit just right under my chin, her little legs curled up just below. At one week old she weighed a tiny five pounds two ounces. She was so busy she just wouldn't eat, or sleep either. Between taking care of her and staring at her, I was so tired.
Sadie is a great big sister and has an amazing zest for life. I just hope she never stops believing in herself. Yesterday I walked to meet her after school and when she saw me she ran and jumped in my arms. I held her there, standing on the sidewalk, my not so little girl, and wondered when this happened. When did my sweet baby become this kind and beautiful girl?
Things change so much, so fast, I hope Sadie knows how wonderful she is and that she should never change for anyone. She has been spectacular from the day she was born. This is a special birthday for her and we are so proud of her. If I could give one gift it would be for Sadie to see herself as I see her. A sweet, kind, little girl who can light up a room with her smile and change a mood with her laugh.Happy Birthday Sweetheart.

7 comments:

Jayne said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! Lana has that cute blue dress too! We still miss you. We remember going to your birthday party in October years ago. Hope your day is wonderful.

Laurel said...

I can't believe you have an 8 year old. It hurts my heart to think of my kids growing up so fast.

Happy Birthday!

PS Love yoour blog!

thegeralds said...

Happy birthday Sadie! Still as beautiful as ever.

haley said...

happy birthday sadie! we love you so much! you are amazing!

Lars said...

Happy 8th Birthday Sadie!

I loved how she said yesterday that she doesn't like Hello Kitty. Honestly, I never have either...no matter how popular that kitty is all over. But mostly I loved that despite her 2 friends insisting that Hello Kitty is amazing, great, wonderful, etc. Sadie's opinion didn't sway. What a spunky, cute girl.

~*~toni~*~ said...

They do grow up too fast! I have an 8 yo grandson...I look at him and wonder how THAT happened!!! Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! (It's a little late, I know.....but it's still Tues. to me)!!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

We can't wait to see pics from her baptism!

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter