Saturday, October 11, 2008

Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today was one of those days. One of those tried to do too much, acheived not a whole lot, happy kids, messy house, tired Mommy, days. At the end of the day I had glitter all over the floor, flour all over the counter, and permanent marker on the kitchen table. But I will explain that another time. For now I will just tell of my sometimes favorite cookies (sometimes, because I only seem to crave them when the weather turns cold.)
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350° F and spray baking sheets. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool and eat.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

These are some of my favorite cookies too...but I lost the recipe I once had...so now I can make yours! Thanks, Somer!

thegeralds said...

You stay so small even though you make those yummy treats!

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter