Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Owl Love You Forever
I have a thing for birds. It goes back to my Grandma Flossy. She was a painter and I could sit and watch her for hours. She loved to paint birds. Because her art teacher was from Japan, my grandma always signed her name in Japanese. I loved her studio, the beautiful brushes, the colors of the paint, a little heaven on earth. Ever since my Grandma died I have collected birds, it's a Flossy thing.
I have wanted to make an owl softie for some time now. See, I also love eyes, when my babies were born and they looked up at me with those big eyes, I was done for. So owls, well, magic, birds, big eyes, turn their heads all the way around, let's just say I have a little crush. When I saw a little owl (which apparently is sold out) in this catalog, well I just had to ruthlessly steal the idea and copy it. (I'm not sure why the picture is so blurry, my camera is having issues.) A sweet little four-year-old, that I thought might appreciate a super soft fleece owl, received her on Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Hey! I wanted to get one of those pottery barn owls too! Any chance you want to make one more and sell it???? :)
i have the owl from pottery barn but i want to make one like that too! i love it! all us girls are obsessed with birds.. its funny.
That is so cute! There was a time I had an awesome owl collection. Pictures, statuettes...all kinds. I believe they now belong to my ex's wife....along with the best tupperware collection you can imagine! Oh well....onward & upward...LOL! Now....I love fairies! If I were still collecting owls, I'd beg you to make one for me!! I love it!
And I thought this one project was for you...;0)
I have a Grandma Flossy too..well Florence actually and if you ever called her Flossy she was not happy. hee hee
The owl is really cute. What nice memories of your Grandma Flossy.
Post a Comment